For years I have avoided “Texas Caviar” salsa. It was the corn. I like corn, but for some reason corn in salsa turned me off. Until a few months ago, when I went to a bridal shower and decided to give it a try. Oh my. Why did I wait so long?!? It was delicious!
Michael’s aunt shared the recipe that she used with me, she had received it from a friend, and looking online I see that there are countless varieties. I am sharing Geralyn’s recipe, with a few changes that I’ve made along the way. What I love about this recipe is that it makes a boatload of salsa! It’s perfect for busy weekends where you have to show up at numerous parties with a dish in hand. I made some last night, and I think it’s enough for the three parties I am making appetizers for this holiday weekend.
What is your favorite appetizer to take to a party?
- 2 cans diced Tomatoes (drained)
- 1 bunch Green Onions (diced)
- 1 bunch Cilantro (chopped)
- 1 Green Pepper (diced)
- 1 Orange Pepper (diced)
- 1 small can Diced Jalapeno Peppers (drained)
- 2 cans Black Beans (drained)
- 2 cans Corn (drained)
- Salad Dressing - Italian or Lime (I use the Lime!) - pour on enough to coat the salsa, but not too much so it's not swimming in it.
- ½ tsp. Kosher Salt
- Mix well and serve with tortilla chips!