Right before Christmas I was looking for a tried and true Hashbrown Casserole recipe that I could make ahead of time and cook on Christmas Eve morn when we gathered with my family to celebrate. I wanted something easy but delicious. Several friends sent me their recipe and from theirs I created my own, using bits and pieces of each recipe. I was quite proud of my creation, and everyone at the table really seemed to enjoy it!
Hashbrown Casserole ::
- 2 lb. bag of shredded hash browns
- 1 can Cream of Celery soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. sour cream
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 stick butter (melted)
- 1 cup (or more!) chopped onion
- Mix ingredients well and bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes, until it is bubbly and golden. Serve warm. The ingredients can be prepared the night before you cook the casserole. Simply mix all of the ingredients and then refrigerate until morning. Leave the casserole out on the counter for about 30 minutes while your oven heats up, to let it come to room temperature before cooking.
2 lb. bag of shredded hash browns
1 can Cream of Celery soup
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz. sour cream
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 stick butter (melted)
1 cup (or more!) chopped onion
Mix ingredients well and bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes, until it is bubbly and golden.