Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, but often times our mornings are just too hectic for anything more than eggs and toast. On the weekends we like to shake things up though and have delicious late morning brunch as opposed to hurried early morning grab and go breakfasts. Over the holidays I came up with a new recipe for a Cinnamon French Toast Casserole that is super easy to put together and totally scrumptious to eat.
I was inspired to make the casserole after grabbing a sample of Cinnamon Streusel bread from a vendor at Costco. They served the bread toasted with butter and it was so good that I of course grabbed a loaf to take home (I’m a sucker for those Costco samples). As I was walking away the lady mentioned that this bread made for good French Toast, and a few days later, VOILA! A new breakfast treat was discovered at our house…Cinnamon French Toast Casserole. Aside from the bread I had everything I needed to make the casserole in my kitchen already. Keep in mind when you prepare the Cinnamon French Toast Casserole at your house that it needs to be put together the night before you plan to serve it.
Easy Cinnamon French Toast Casserole:
1 Loaf Cinnamon Bread (as I mentioned, I used the Cinnamon Streusel Bread from Costco)
2 Cups Milk
1/2 Cup Sugar
2 Tbs. Vanilla
1/3 Cup Flour
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
6 Tbs. Butter (softened at room temperature)
(Prepare this casserole the night before serving)
1. Cut the bread into bite sized cubes and spread them evenly in the bottom of a greased 9×13 casserole dish.
2. Mix the eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla together until they are well blended. Pour this mixture over the bread in the casserole dish.
3. Drizzle Syrup over the bread mixture.
4. Cover dish and refrigerate overnight.
5. The next morning, preheat oven to 350° and mix the topping ingredients together.
6. Spread topping over the top of the casserole ingredients.
7. Bake the Cinnamon French Toast Casserole for 45-60 minutes, depending on how you like your French Toast. If you like it a little soggy then take it out after 45 minutes, but if you want a little crispiness then leave it in just a little bit longer. Enjoy!