Lent has returned, so now is the season for eating Fish on Fridays! We enjoy fish all year long, but especially on Fridays during Lent. And one of our favorite local restaurants, Izzy’s, offers a great Lenten menu. And it is not just fish! Along with their seafood classics they offer a Veggie Reuben and an Egg Salad sandwich, along with a few other fun fishy menu items. We cannot wait to go have a Lenten dinner at Izzy’s. And good news…I have an Izzy’s Gift Certificate to give to one lucky reader! Read all about the Izzy’s Lenten specials and then enter the contest below. Good luck!
Izzy’s Cod Lenten Special is Back
Izzy’s Lenten Cod Special, or ‘The Codfather’, is an Izzy’s favorite and perfect way to celebrate Fish Fry season. A delicious tavern cut cod filet, battered with Izzy’s special blend of 17 spices and seasonings, served on a kaiser roll with lettuce and tartar sauce. Served with coleslaw or choice of side for only $6.99!
In addition – Izzy’s menu is full of delicious Lenten friendly dining options, such as:
- Tuna Melt $7.99: All-white albacore homemade tuna salad served open faced on whole wheat bread with melted imported Swiss cheese. Served with pasta salad
- Veggie Reuben $7.99: Olive topilóv with diced fresh tomatoes piled high with sauerkraut and melted imported Swiss cheese on a toasted telera roll.
- Boneless Cod $8.89: Cod battered with Izzy’s special blend of seasonings on rye bread with tartar sauce.
- Cod Reuben $9.29: Battered cod, homemade spicy tartar sauce and sweet-n-sour coleslaw topped with melted American cheese on rye toast.
- Tuna Salad Sandwich (All White) $7.49: All-white albacore homemade tuna salad mixed with sweet relish, topped with lettuce and tomato on a toasted telera roll.
- Egg Salad Sandwich $6.49: Homemade with spicy mustard, mayo and a pinch of special seasonings, topped with lettuce and tomato on rye toast.
- Tuna Wrap $7.99: All-white albacore tuna salad with lettuce, diced tomatoes and melted imported Swiss cheese.
~~ THE Izzy’s $20 GIFT CARD GIVEAWAY ~~
The Fine Print: I will be giving away a $20 Izzy’s Gift Card to one lucky winner. The winner will be randomly drawn on Wednesday, March 8th at 8pm. Winners must be 18 years of age and live in the US. I will email the winner and announce their name on the little things Facebook page. Winners have 24 hours to respond or another name will be drawn. There are SEVEN ways to enter this giveaway!
How to Enter (comment below & answer this question):
1. Which one of Izzy’s Lenten menu items would you try?
The following entries are optional BONUS entries! Please leave a SEPARATE COMMENT FOR EACH ENTRY!
4. Tweet (or re-tweet) about the giveaway! Make sure you add @LittleThingsMom and @IzzysReubens in your tweet! And then comment below telling me you did so.
5. Check The Little Things Blog out on Pinterest! You might just find some pins you like! And then leave a comment below telling me you did so.
6. Follow along…sign up for Email Newsletters for this blog using this form: http://eepurl.com/wg3gz
7. Sign up for Izzy’s emails so you can find out about discounts, new menu items and special events! Sign up here: http://izzys.com/emaillist.php
Disclaimer: I was provided with a gift card to Izzy’s for review purposes, and a gift card to give away. All opinions are 100% my own