When I told my mom that I was going to have my husband’s family over for Christmas she offered to give me my Nana’s coffee mugs. At first I turned them down, as we are not coffee drinkers. But then I had a stroke of genius…why not have a hot chocolate bar? The weather was going to be frightful and everyone loves hot chocolate! If you are planning a party during the winter months, you should consider having a hot chocolate bar. It was a hit for the kids AND the adults.
Hot Chocolate Bar ::
Here’s what you need for a Hot Chocolate Bar ::
- A slow cooker full of hot chocolate (Michael put twenty hot choc packets in the slow cooker and then heated water and poured it over the powder and then we kept it on “warm” for the duration of the evening.
- Candies for mixing : pieces of Hershey bars & Andes mints are perfect!
- Stirring items : we used Candy Canes and Pirouette cookies
- Mini Marshmallows of course
- And “treats” for the adults: Peppermint Schnapps, Buttershots (Butterscotch Liqueur) & Bailey’s
The set-up for this is quite simple, and once it is set up, it’s easy for everyone to serve themselves, so your work is done for the evening! This would be a perfect idea not just for holiday parties, but for sled-riding parties, book club meetings, work events, birthday parties, or any other cold weather get together.
Here’s a closer look at the set up:
I only have pictures of the kids enjoying the hot chocolate bar last night, but believe me…the adults loved it just as much! When many of the guests walked in the house the first thing they noticed was the sweet smell of hot chocolate.
ps…can you tell I was nervous about my Nana’s mugs? I made the kids use the everyday mugs…