I love pesto so much, and I’m always trying to find ways to incorporate it into new recipes. At the end of each summer, when the basil plants resemble bushes and our CSA share is full of basil I find myself making mass quantities of Homemade Pesto and freezing it for the winter months. There’s no store brand pesto that’s quite like homemade pesto. Last week I decided to use some of my pesto to make a Chicken Pesto Pizza. I had some grilled chicken and tomato on hand, and the combination was delicious! Pizza night just got a little bit more interesting around here!
More of my favorite Pesto Recipes:
Chicken Pesto Pizza Recipe ::
- Pizza Crust: Homemade or Store-bought (I use a recipe from [url href="http://thelittlethingsjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Chicken-Pesto-Pizza-Ingredients.jpg"]Vicky&Jen.com[/url])
- Pesto (Here's my Pesto recipe)
- 1 cup chopped Grilled Chicken
- 1 chopped Tomato
- Shredded Cheese (I used Mozzarella with a bit of Parmesan)
- Preheat oven to 450, warming the pizza stone in the oven while it preheats.
- Roll out the dough to your liking
- Sprinkle a bit of corn meal on the stone
- Place your dough on the stone
- Spoon the Pesto over the crust, spreading evenly up to about an inch from the edge of the crust
- Spread cheese over Pesto
- Top with Chicken & Tomato
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is golden and crust looks "done"