I think I have mentioned before that our family has a bit of a LEGO® addiction. The kids (and sometimes the parents too) love to create & build. I think LEGO bricks are one of the greatest toys out there (except when I step on one…then I hate them). And considering you can now get Lego tanks at Bricks N Studs, it comes as no surprise that the whole family love LEGO as much as they do. You can never been too old when it comes to games like these! They encourage creativity, and build fine motor skills. In our house playing with LEGO bricks ends up encouraging cooperation and teamwork. I love them! So you can imagine how thrilled I was when I heard that I would get to promote the upcoming LEGO KidsFest tour that is coming to town in March. Our whole family is giddy in anticipation of the big event!
The LEGO KidsFest is a giant traveling LEGO expo coming to Cincinnati’s Duke Energy Convention Center March 23 – 25, 2012. It is going to be a Lego-Lover’s dream come true! There will be THREE ACRES of Lego action going on, including:
• LEGO Model Gallery: 40 life-sized models made entirely from LEGO bricks
• LEGO Master Builders: live demonstrations and activities from the crew who get paid to play
• Creation Nation: build your own creation to add to a custom map of the U.S.
• Race Ramps: build your own custom car, then race it down the ramp against friends and family
• LEGO Games Arena: roll the dice to play LEGO board games
• Construction Zones: creative free build, play and display areas
• LEGO DUPLO®: younger visitors can explore imagination through building
• LEGO Retail and KidsFest Marketplace: purchase LEGO merchandise and official KidsFest tour goods
• Brick Pile: a gigantic pile full of LEGO bricks for creative play and enjoyment
• Monochromatic Builds: bricks of a single color to foster group creativity
• Brickscapes: fantastic displays that combine lots of LEGO and DUPLO sets
• And much more, covering over 150,000 square feet of space
My kids are over the moon about going, but I honestly don’t think they have any idea of just how very cool this adventure is going to be! If you have a LEGO Lover in your house, you should not miss this event! In a few weeks I will be having an awesome giveaway (tickets to LEGO KidsFest!), but in the meantime I have a great special discount code for you if you’d like to get those tickets.
The organizers of LEGO KidsFest have given me a discount code to share for $2 off tickets when you order them online between Feb 17 and March 2. Just enter the code – FamilyFriendly12 – during your check out to save!
You can keep up with all the news about LEGO KidsFest on their facebook page: www.facebook.com/LEGOkidsfest
And stay tuned to the Little Things blog as well for more details & the awesome giveaway! Also, while we are on the topic of LEGO bricks, if you are looking for ways to organize all those LEGO manuals I wrote a post about how I tackled that project last summer. And Vicky & Jen “What really matters” blog has a great post about how they organize LEGO bricks.
Disclosure: In exchange for helping spread the word about LEGO KidsFest, organizers have offered me tickets to take the family. Even if we had not gotten this awesome gift we would still be making a trip to Lego KidsFest though!